Harmony is a fast and open blockchain for decentralized applications.
- Its protocol has achieved secure and random state sharding, being the first sharded Proof of Stake on production.
- Harmony’s Mainnet supports thousands of nodes in multiple shards, producing blocks in a few seconds with instant finality.
- The network’s staking mechanism reduces centralization while supporting stake delegation, reward compounding and double-sign slashing.
- Harmony aims to build an open network of nodes operated and governed by a large community.
- Harmony has designed a novel Proof-of-Stake (PoS) mechanism for network security and economics - Effective Proof-of-Stake (EPoS) which reduces centralization and distributes rewards fairly to thousands of validators
🔗Harmony and ThreeFold
Harmony.one and ThreeFold joined forces to provide a performant, decentralized and customizable solution that enables anyone (with the right knowledge) to easily and cost-effectively deploy and run a Harmony validator node (or many) and access the growing staking ecosystem of Harmony’s Blockchain.
With the ThreeFold P2P Cloud and its developer tools - 3Bot admin panel, the ThreeFold SDK - Harmony empowers its expanding community with 1-click validator node deployments, directly from the web or from a local machine This gives its node operators control over their containerized validator nodes, and a more efficient way to spin them up on a decentralized IT infrastructure.
By Leveraging ThreeFold’s decentralized storage, compute, and networking, as well as its compatibility with Docker, Kubernetes, S3 storage, containerized databases, and other open-source software, Harmony’s developer community unlocks an additional alternative to centralized cloud providers.
This brings the ability to build highly-scalable cloud-native and Blockchain-based applications and deploy them close to where their users are.